Become a VHFA participating lender
All VHFA programs are offered exclusively through our participating lenders.
- Loan Term
Fixed rate, 30-year mortgages, for homebuyers purchasing their primary residence.
- ASSIST Down Payment and Closing Cost Program
VHFA ASSIST is a 0%, non-amortizing loan for down payment and/or usual and customary closing costs.
- Mortgage Credit Certificates
VHFA issues Mortgage Credit Certificates with up to a $2,000 annual tax credit for eligible borrowers.
- Multiple Program Options:
VHFA offers programs with varying requirements.
Refer to the VHFA Program and Procedural Guide and Job Aids for program information.
- Vermont licensed mortgage lender for most recent 12 months.
- Vermont mortgage production volume of at least $10 million.
- Vermont physical location with assigned origination staff.
- Originates FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, or RD mortgage products.
- Ability to deliver all mortgage loans servicing released.
Contact VHFA to learn more and start the VHFA lender approval process.